THIS PROGRAM IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR APPLICATION
PLEASE CHECK BACK TO SEE IF ADDITIONAL FUNDING IS AWARDED TO THE CITY OF PORT ST. LUCIE
COVID-19 Emergency Home Repair Grant Program Program Guide
The COVID-19 Emergency Home Repair Grant Program provides assistance to eligible residents of the City of Port St. Lucie who have experienced loss of income, reduction in hours, or unemployment as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic only.
Carefully review the eligibility requirements in this document to obtain a clear understanding of program participation.
- Designed to assist those who were financially impacted by COVID-19 pandemic
- Only available for existing residents of the City of Port St. Lucie
- For emergency home repairs where damage occurred on or after March 1, 2020
- Administered by the City of Port St. Lucie Neighborhood Services Department, the City of Port St. Lucie Program Administrator and St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity
- All repair payments will be paid directly to the vendors performing the repairs, not the applicants
Should you desire to apply for the program, please complete and submit the application provided to you in accordance with the instructions outlined below and in the application.
- Review the Program Guide and Eligibility Requirements and Eligible Applicants and Properties.
- Download and complete the application.
- Retrieve and attach copies of all requested and applicable supporting documentation. Only copies of the documents are required. Documents proving applicant(s) financial situations must be provided. More information about supporting documentation will be in the application and on the City’s website in the Frequently Asked Questions section of COVID-19 Emergency Home Repair Grant Program at www.cityofpsl.com/communityservices.
- Submit completed applications and provide all supporting documentation. Completed applications will only be accepted by one of the following methods:
- Please do not send any sensitive or personal information in emails to St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity or the City of Port St. Lucie.
- Applicant(s) must confirm dropping off an application and supporting documentation with staff and follow any and all necessary directions and safety precautions put in place. These directions and safety precautions are subject to change based on developments regarding the COVID-19 emergency situation.
- By mail to or By drop off: St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity 702 South 6th Street Fort Pierce, Florida 34950
- By drop off: Port St. Lucie ReStore 10185 South US1 Port St. Lucie, Florida 34952 (hand to the cashier) or Fort Pierce ReStore 2904 Okeechobee Road Fort Pierce, Florida 34947 (hand to the cashier)
All mailed and dropped off applications and supporting documentation must be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes marked “COVID-19 Emergency Home Repair Grant Program” and addressed to the location identified above.
Warning: Florida Statute 817 provides that willful false statements or misrepresentation concerning income and assets or liabilities relating to financial condition is a misdemeanor of the first degree and is punishable by fines and imprisonment provided under S77.082 or 772.083.
Warning: Section 1001 of Title 19 of the U.S. code makes it a criminal offense to make willful false statements or misrepresentation to any department or agency of the United States as to any matter within the jurisdiction. False information may result in civil liability, and/or in criminal penalties including, but not limited to, fine or imprisonment or both.
Warning: Availability of Funds
Applications will be processed on a first-come, first ready basis. This implies a completed application. All applicants must meet program eligibility criteria. Only completed applications, which consist of submittal of all applicable supporting documentation in order to prove eligibility, will be accepted. No exceptions will be made. If the application is not complete, the application will not be eligible for processing.
The number of applications that will be processed and the number of applicants that will receive a grant are subject to the availability of funds. When funding has lapsed, the St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity will
announce the closure of the program on their website at www.StLucieHabitat.org.
If you have any questions about any of the information in this Program Guide you may contact the City of Port St. Lucie by email at COVIDgrant@cityofpsl.com or by telephone at the City of Port St. Lucie’s 1PSL
line at (772) 871-1775.
guide and eligibility