- This event has passed.
World Habitat Day
More than 30 years ago, the United Nations General Assembly took an important step in promoting the idea that everyone deserves a decent place to live by declaring that the first Monday in October would be World Habitat Day. Now, as the significant economic impacts of COVID-19 continue to unfold, the number of families struggling to make ends meet is only growing.
Every family deserves the chance to thrive. Help us make that possible.
Here are 8 ways to get involved this World Habitat Day:
- Purchase tickets online or call (772) 464-1117 ext. 121 to RSVP
- Invest in the future of affordable housing in St. Lucie by sponsoring our Home for the Holidays Celebration
- Make a tax-deductible donation today, it only takes a couple minutes to make a difference!
- Pledge to make a reoccurring gift to show your commitment to solving the housing crisis in St. Lucie County
- Include a charitable bequest to St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity in your will to leave a lasting impact on our community; call (772) 464-1117 ext. 121 for assistance.
- Contact your elected representatives to share your support for affordable housing
- Come out to the construction site and help us literally build homes!
- Stay up to date on St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity’s work by liking us on Facebook and signing up for our newsletter.
Thanks for helping us make this year’s World Habitat Day one to remember!