State of Florida Division of Emergency Management
Hurricane Loss Mitigation Program
The State of Florida Division of Emergency Management Hurricane Loss Mitigation Program provides assistance to eligible residents of St. Lucie County who are in need of exterior protections to their home from windstorm events.
Click the link to carefully review and obtain a clear understanding of all the program participation – eligibility requirements
- Owner occupied St. Lucie County properties only
- Home built between and including 1978 and 2002
- Have a current Homeowner’s Insurance policy
- Owners are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents
- Income is 80% or less of the area median income
- Hotel, motel, and manufactured home addresses will not be eligible for this program
- The property must not be in foreclosure or listed for sale
- Properties with outstanding code violations, liens, or unpermitted structures are not eligible for this program
- Should you desire to apply for the program, please complete and submit the application provided to you in accordance with the instructions outlined below and in the application
- Review this Program Guide and the Eligibility Requirements.
- Download and complete the application or pick up a hard copy of the application at one of our Habitat ReStore locations (addresses are below).
- Retrieve and enclose copies of all requested and applicable supporting documentation and the completed application.
- Documents proving applicant(s) financial situation(s) must be provided. More information about supporting documentation is in the application.
- Submit completed applications and provide all supporting documentation. Completed applications will only be accepted by one of the following methods:
All mailed and dropped off applications and supporting documentation must be enclosed in plain sealed envelopes marked “Hurricane Loss Mitigation Program”. If dropped off at one of our ReStores, please hand to the cashier and sign the back of the envelope, over the seal, in the presence of the cashier. If dropped off at the office through the drop box, please sign and date the back of the envelope, over the seal.
By mail to:
St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity
702 South 6th Street
Fort Pierce, Florida 34950
By drop off:
Port St. Lucie ReStore
10185 South US1
Port St. Lucie, Florida 34952 (hand to the cashier)
Fort Pierce ReStore
2904 Okeechobee Road
Fort Pierce, Florida 34947 (hand to the cashier)
St. Lucie Habitat Admin Office
702 South 6th Street
Fort Pierce, FL 34950 (Drop Box in conference room door)
Applicant(s) must confirm dropping off an application and supporting documentation with staff and follow any and all necessary directions and safety precautions put in place.
We will not accept any sensitive or personal information in emails to St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity.
Warning: Florida Statute 817 provides that willful false statements or misrepresentation concerning income and assets or liabilities relating to financial condition is a misdemeanor of the first degree and is punishable by fines and imprisonment provided under S77.082 or 772.083.
Warning: Section 1001 of Title 19 of the U.S. code makes it a criminal offense to make willful false statements or misrepresentation to any department or agency of the United States as to any matter within the jurisdiction. False information may result in civil liability, and/or in criminal penalties including, but not limited to, fine or imprisonment or both.
Warning: Availability of Funds
Complete applications will be processed on a first-come, first ready basis. All applicants must meet program eligibility criteria. Only completed applications, which consist of submittal of all applicable supporting documentation in order to prove eligibility, will be accepted. No exceptions will be made. If the application is not complete, the application will not be eligible for processing. The number of applications that will be processed and the number of applications approved are subject to the availability of funds. When funding has lapsed, St. Lucie Habitat for Humanity will announce the closure of the program on their website at www.StLucieHabitat.org.
If you have any questions about any of the information in this Program Guide you may contact Donna Lea Askman at 772.646.1117 Ext. 104 or email@example.com.